Senior Software Engineer
Remote Candidates Considered
Do you live, breathe, even drink code? Well, maybe not drink, but definitely the rest. If so, we are scouring in search of a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our remote Software Engineering Group. We need help to make us more efficient and scale our engineering operations to support a growing company leading our industry.
As a Senior Software Engineer you’ll be tackling some of the hardest problems we have, applying your vast experience to implement solid, scalable, tested solutions on a daily basis. You’ll also serve as an expert resource for your team, working with them to solve thorny roadblocks, devise efficient algorithms, and otherwise be awesome. We’re looking to engineer systems tailored to the needs of our industry, our customers, and ourselves in order to effectively compete on a national scale.
Are you ready to get involved?
Who You Are
- An experienced expert; you’ve used a number of technologies and appreciate the simplicity of finding the right tool for the job
- A deep thinker; you enjoy pondering how pieces should fit together and converting your vision into code
- An efficient executor; you make excellent use of your time and understand how to invest in the right places to save time later
- A relentless refactored; you’ve yet to see a broken window that didn’t need fixing and want to improve each piece of code you touch
- A wise mentor; you’ve seen enough to know what works, what doesn’t, and want to keep others from making the same mistakes
- A persistent problem-solver; you love digging into a problem and coming up with an elegant solution
- A positive collaborator; you enjoy sharing your ideas and white boarding new ideas with a member of your team What You’ll Be Doing
- Working with the Lead Software Engineer to make broad decisions about code architecture
- Help plan and execute a transition to a next-gen platform
- Engineering large projects with full control over process and outcomes
- Proactively seeking and implementing improvements to systems
- Guiding other engineers and reviewing their code
- Strong background in multiple development languages (Node, Python, Coldfusion, Ruby, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of object oriented development and design patterns
- Prior experience designing and optimizing multiple data stores (SQL, NoSQL, etc.)
- Fluency in caching mechanisms, code and data optimization, and root cause analysis
- Background with creating and utilizing API’s
- Experience working on large codebases
- Proven ability to tackle development projects either independently or as part of a team
- Dedication to quality via thorough testing and writing clean code
- Strong focus on efficiency and opportunities for code refactoring
- Desire to acquire and apply new skills and approaches
- Experience collaborating with and mentoring other engineers
Our Technology Stack
We are looking to re-platform over the next 2 years and need your help to do so. However our current platform is written primarily in Coldfusion running on Ubuntu servers with Tomcat and Apache, combined with a MS SQL backend. We have a suite of e-commerce centric products tailored to the wine industry including websites, administration tools, and point-of-sale systems. We use additional functionality running on Java, RabbitMQ, .Net, and a handful of other technologies.
To apply for this position e-mail your resume with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
“An Equal Opportunity Employer”